Monday, November 16, 2009

An Audience of One

Lately I have been struggling with being a more "God like person" if you will. When put in certain situations, I act like someone who is not following this great and mighty person. God calls us to not judge. To love your enemy. To love everyone because we are all children of Him. I find myself day to day getting those automatic thoughts when I see certain people. If I see a car with huge rims, I think mexican and ghetto. When I see funny clothes that aren't "in style" I laugh. I see a guy thats older with a creeper mustache I think he is going to hurt me. When I see smoking I think rude. It goes on and on and needless to say, I want that to change. I have been praying lately about my actions and help with looking at people the way Jesus sees them. They are no different than I, because we were all put here with one power, God. Other than judging, I also seem to say the wrong things, or act the wrong way in situations. I am almost afraid to be embarrassed or not be "cool" because of they way I live my life. I do not have this problem with my friends and community that also love and know Jesus Christ. However, when I am at work or in public and something will come up, I will almost conform to that crown to "fit in." I'm not saying if they smoke, I start smoking. But just the little things, like certain remarks on people, etc.
Saturday night I went to this conference for the Garden where Darren, our pastor, explained our view or mission of the church. There was one section Darren touched on which stuck. Darren said he wants us all to be disciples, he wants us all to know how to pray, how to pray for healing, how to talk to people and invite them in to this wonderful life. He left us on this note: Do you live a life work following?

Do I live a life worth following? I say no. Yes, I love and have a relationship with Jesus Christ, yes I do my best to serve Him, yes I go to church and life groups, Yes I have SOME things right. BUT there are things I need work on, things Jesus would never do, things I wouldn't want others to do in the name of Jesus Christ. I need to drive better, slower, less angry. I need to have more patience with "dumb people." <--I need to not think people are dumb, they just think differently than me. I need to stop caring what people think of me and start showing I love Jesus and they should too. I need to stop avoiding conversations that could turn into sharing of the Good News. I need to see the world Jesus sees it. I want God to brake my heart for what breaks His. I want God to open my eyes to the things unseen. I WANT TO LIVE A LIFE WORTH FOLLOWING!

Last night at church I asked Hartley to pray for these things I've been struggling with, and during the prayer she said "let us be an audience on one" I want to start living for an audience of one. and that one is God. He is the only one that matters in the end. He is the one that will judge me when time comes to. He is the one that can say "well done good and faithful servant" Let people think I'm crazy. Let people think I'm weird. Let them see I am different. I will be crazy, weird, and different to live this life worth following.

Today is the day to change. And people reading this; be my accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment